Chicago by Night
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Day, Another Dollar

2 posters

Go down

Another Day, Another Dollar Empty Another Day, Another Dollar

Post  starshine Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:07 pm

Mercedes approached the bouncers at the club as she did nearly every night. There were other entrances she could use, but this one took her past all those who were waiting to get in. All eyes in line focused on her as she moved past everyone on the outside of the line to the bouncers. Murmurs of disgruntled potential patrons were like music to her ears. She flashed a cute smile at some of them, occassionally actually pulling one or two out of line to follow her...but not tonight.

The last two bouncers nodded briefly at Mercedes as she reached to door and slid past inside. It was still an experience each night to enter the club. The floor constantly throbbed with the beat of the music and the air was thick with the aromas of smoke and sweat and life. It was a heady mixture and one that kept the patrons coming back or at least trying to each night.

She was wearing a little black skirt and black tank top covered with a black leather jacket. Dropping the jacket behind the bar, it exposed the tank top's wording. Across her chest in silver glittering words said "Succubus". Grabbing a tray of shot glasses, Mercedes moved through the crowd.
starshine
starshine

Back to top Go down

Another Day, Another Dollar Empty Re: Another Day, Another Dollar

Post  Carpe Noctem Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:17 pm

Approaching the long line to the Succubus Club, Briggs found himself dressed in his usual outfit. His green mohawk was standing straight up and his snake bite piercings were in his bottom lip. He takes a long drag off of the cigarette he had been smoking, putting the pack back into his patch covered jacket with patches for all sorts of bands: Black Tusk, The Misfits, Danzig, Aiden, Blitzkid, and of course, the full back piece dedicated to the Ramones that was fraying on the back of the jacket. With ripped up jeans, boots, and a black shirt that reads "Fuck You, You Fucking Fuck," Johann finally makes his way down into the separate entrance for the Labyrinth. He starts to headbang to the loud punk music playing from the band on stage, jumping into the moshpit of similar looking individuals that find themselves in the maze of a bottom level of the Succubus club. After the song ends, he heads over to the bar, ordering a glass of Guiness and taking a large drink as he slaps down a ten dollar bill on the bar. He considers something for a moment, and moves to find the stairs to head up to Reality. It wasn't his typical hang out, the atmosphere a large change from what he just walked out of, but it was still interesting nonetheless. He keeps drinking on his Guiness, watching the mortals dance out on the dance floor and having an arrogant smirk on his face as he notices his attire doesn't truly fit in.
Carpe Noctem
Carpe Noctem

Back to top Go down

Post  starshine Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:25 pm

Mercedes had just finished her third trip around the outskirts of the dance floor when someone caught her eye. It was hard to miss him with his attire and the way he carried himself. It was a different atmosphere in Reality. She waved at Briggs across the room and held up a finger at him.

Moving over to the bar, she set down her tray. "Taking a break."

She glided across the floor towards him, her eyes sparkling. When she was close enough to speak, "Hey there....did you check out the Labrynith or just come here?" She slides into a seat without asking if she could and smiles at him.
starshine
starshine

Back to top Go down

Post  Carpe Noctem Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:37 pm

Briggs smirks at Mercedes, shaking his head and taking another drink of the dark liquid in his glass.

"You really think they'd let me through the main door to this level? Fuck no, I went down to Labyrinth and moved on upwards after a few songs."

His eyes wander over to the letters on her shirt, which is probably just a clever excuse for him to check out her body, before his eyes go back to hers.

"So, what incentive do I have to stay up on this level?"
Carpe Noctem
Carpe Noctem

Back to top Go down

Post  starshine Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:47 pm

Mercedes grins, putting her elbows on the table and leaning forward, letting her cleavage show. Her chocolate eyes focused on Briggs. "True...this isn't really your scene...but it's good to see you again."

She lowers her eyes to gaze up at him from under her long lashes. "What would keep you here? You want another drink? You like to dance?"
starshine
starshine

Back to top Go down

Post  Carpe Noctem Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:51 pm

Briggs chuckles and sets his glass own on the table, shrugging a bit as he looks out the dance floor, and then back to her.

"I'm not really the dancing type, at least, where these kind of people dancing is concerned. Tell you what, why don't you just head downstairs with me? The bartender could probably use a hand anyway with selling. Their big burly man bartender doesn't exactly convince people to get drunk."
Carpe Noctem
Carpe Noctem

Back to top Go down

Post  starshine Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:59 pm

Mercedes chuckles softly, a smirk on her face. "I thought I was supposed to think up an incentive to keep you on this level...and I'm failing." She gets a small pout to her lips and then grins again. "Alright, I'm sure you are right...some drinks being passed around would probably help downstairs..is it starting to get busy?"

She stands and heads to the stairs down, moving with expertise over to the bar and hopping up on a stool. "Want something else or still finishing up?"
starshine
starshine

Back to top Go down

Post  Carpe Noctem Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:04 pm

Briggs shrugs a bit, following her downstairs and letting her go first to check her out as she walks, moving over to the bar with her.

"I wouldn't know if it's busy or not, it's my first time here. And I think I'm good for now as far as drinks go."

He holds out a hand to her, motioning with an inclination of his head towards the floor in front of the band where the various patrons dance and grind heavily upon each other to the beat of the music, the smell of sweat, humanity, and spilled beer filling the atmosphere of Labyrinth. He gets a smirk on his face.

"Someone promised me a dance."
Carpe Noctem
Carpe Noctem

Back to top Go down

Post  starshine Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:11 pm

Mercedes glances at the bartender and smiles. "I'll be back in a few to stir up some people." She grins at Briggs and takes his hand, allowing herself to be led out to the floor in front of the band. "I don't remember promising...I remember offering." She chuckles and starts moving to the beat of the music. It obvious by the way she moves that she has had some sort of technical training.
starshine
starshine

Back to top Go down

Post  Carpe Noctem Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:20 pm

Briggs doesn't really have any training at dancing, however, he doesn't seem to mind getting up close and personal with Mercedes on the dance floor. He moves into the crowd with her as they dance, just going with the general pace and flow of the crowd around them. He speaks to her over the music, having to lean in close to her ear to be heard.

"Yeah yeah, offer, promise...it's all semantics."

He grins a bit and just continues to dance with her.
Carpe Noctem
Carpe Noctem

Back to top Go down

Post  starshine Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:33 pm

Mercedes moves and grinds against Briggs with no concern of personal space. She moves with the crowd as well, flashing a few smiles in the direction of other patrons as they look at the two of them. She puts her arms around his neck so she can lean in to hear him and she can respond.

"Oh...but there is a big difference to me...but I understand semantics....either way you have me dancing with you...for a bit."

She grins at him.
starshine
starshine

Back to top Go down

Post  Carpe Noctem Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:17 pm

Johann just gives her a grin right back at her words, taking a moment to glance around the room before he focuses back on her.

"For now? Because there are so many better options."

He just chuckles at his sarcasm, shaking his head as he continues to dance with her, enjoying the closeness and the atmosphere of the club around them.

"I think you're making the other women jealous, you know."
Carpe Noctem
Carpe Noctem

Back to top Go down

Post  starshine Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:26 pm

Mercedes grins with a wink. "I know I am."

She turns to grind her backside expertly against his most private of parts. Her eyes taking in those around that are watching especially the women. She smiles at them with a look of 'don't you wish you were me'. She turns again, glancing up in Briggs' eyes with a sparkle in her eyes. It's obvious that the center of attention suits her.

She moves against him until the end of the song, her cheeks flushed and a faint sweat breaking out on her forehead. She smiles. "I need a drink...you can find another partner if you want...." She glances at the other women watching. "I'm sure you would have your pick...or you can have a seat with me...up to you."
starshine
starshine

Back to top Go down

Post  Carpe Noctem Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:34 pm

Briggs grins as he realizes what she's doing, making a show of enjoying the closeness with Mercedes by placing his hands on her hips while she grinds against him, digging his nails in lightly to her skin. When the songs finishes, he considers for a moment, and seems to decide that he'll have a seat. He heads over with Mercedes and makes sure he acts like he's wiping some sweat from his forehead onto his jacket, as any normal human would be burning up in it. But if she is paying attention, she will notice that the only moisture on him is from the close proximity with her and those who may have brushed against him in the large pit of humanity. He orders himself another beer and smiles over at her as he takes a drink.

"I'm sure I'll take my pick of whomever later, I'm sure you'll have to actually get back to work eventually."
Carpe Noctem
Carpe Noctem

Back to top Go down

Post  starshine Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:48 pm

Mercedes grins as he starts to follow her to the bar. Her eyes take him in as he wipes his brow and her expression which had been purely fun loving and flirtatious seems to fade slightly into a more serious expression.

She orders a shot of vodka and a glass of water. She downs the shot and then takes a small sip of water. Her eyes focusing on him as he takes a drink. "Yeah, you are right. I have a kick ass job and don't want to cause any problems....cool, right?"

She turns to the bartender and smiles. "Set me up some bottles and I'll get them sold in a few."

She takes another sip of water and smiles, but the smile isn't as flirtatious or warm as it had been. "Thanks for the fun...and you're right..." She gestures with her glass. "You'll have your pick of anyone you want...even some of the guys if you wanted." There's a small smirk as she waits for a reaction.
starshine
starshine

Back to top Go down

Post  Carpe Noctem Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:52 pm

Johann raises a brow at her more serious expression, but doesn't think too much of it, not really allowing it to affect his mood or his features. He nods to her words, taking a drink of his beer.

"Like I said, we're cool Mercedes. Not like I'm trying to fuck anything up for you, you know that. Just figured I'd drop by."

He just laughs and shakes his head as she mentions he would have his pick of the guys, and now he seems slightly curious about the change in her demeanor. He leans back in his chair, his expression sobering a little bit as he watches her closely.

"I'm not really into guys, although I'll admit I've had them hit on me before. It's kind of awkward, but whatever. Something on your mind?"
Carpe Noctem
Carpe Noctem

Back to top Go down

Post  starshine Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:00 pm

Mercedes takes another drink or two of water as she watches Briggs. She smiles."Awkward, huh? I'll bet."

She shakes her head slightly, her eyes moving about the room almost as if looking for someone. The clink of bottles being set on the counter draw her attention back. She nods at the bartender and then nods at Briggs. "Break's up...have fun...maybe I'll see you around again."

She slides off the stool and expertly arranges her beers on a shot tray and balances it just above her head to avoid it being hit by the crowd. "Take care of yourself, Briggs."
starshine
starshine

Back to top Go down

Post  Carpe Noctem Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:20 pm

"Just give me a call if you want to hang some time. Take it easy Mercedes."

Briggs just shakes his head and chuckles as she moves off, watching her for a moment as she weaves through the crowd with the shot tray full of bottles. He downs the rest of his beer, chuckling to and musing to himself.

"Mood swings, all that shit. Must be her fucking period."

He just laughs a bit, getting up from the bar stool and heading back into the crowd. He stays in the crowd, mingling, dancing, and simply enjoying the atmosphere for a while until the band calls it a night. He heads out of the Labyrinth exit and into the night, getting into his car and heading back to the Slums.
Carpe Noctem
Carpe Noctem

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum