Chicago by Night
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Walkabout ((any))

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Walkabout ((any)) Empty Walkabout ((any))

Post  loki_098 Tue May 08, 2012 10:46 am

A dark-haired woman walks through the park as the moon rises, smiling and dressed to kill. She is clearly blind, as she wears a blindfold and carries a cane, but seems to have no problems whatsoever in getting around. After a while, she stops and sits on a bench near the path, listening to the sounds of the park at night.
loki_098
loki_098

http://dod.ravenfire.net

Back to top Go down

Walkabout ((any)) Empty Re: Walkabout ((any))

Post  JasonC Tue May 08, 2012 11:20 pm

Xhander walks through the park, he's dressed exactly like this: Walkabout ((any)) XhanderLake1 and is enjoying the night and fresh air under the moonlit sky. As he meanders along, Xhander notices a dark haired woman wearing a blindfold and walking with a cane. As he makes his way along the path in which he's walking, he stop a few feet away and speaks.

"Good evening ma'am...It's a nice night out wouldn't you say?"

As Xhander waits for a reply, he takes in her scent like a wolf and looks around the park hoping others do not think he's a mugger but turning his attention back to this mysterious blindfolded woman he smiles.
JasonC
JasonC

Back to top Go down

Post  loki_098 Tue May 08, 2012 11:25 pm

She smiles. "That it is." Her cultured British accent lends an air of sophistication to her *enchanting voice,* and she tilts her head, similarly sniffing the air in the stranger's direction. "Might I ask your name?"
loki_098
loki_098

Back to top Go down

Post  JasonC Tue May 08, 2012 11:32 pm

Xhander smiles as the woman responds with a voice that seemed soothing and melodic, thinking quickly he responds knowing a few tricks of his trade always allowed him some leeway with the ladies before so he hoped this woman was similar.

"Why ofcourse you may ask, my name is Xhander Lake...I'm a wandering reporter, and not too be confused with the guy named Alexander Blake....Seems he's my doppleganger these nights, and your name is...If i may ask?"
JasonC
JasonC

Back to top Go down

Post  loki_098 Tue May 08, 2012 11:37 pm

"Lilith Morgenstern." She offers him a handshake.
loki_098
loki_098

Back to top Go down

Post  JasonC Tue May 08, 2012 11:45 pm

Xhander smiles taking Lilith's hand and just like a gentleman he shakes it with the smoothness of a King and kisses the back of her hand like a true noble would do. After all, one must remember that manners and etiquette are not dead these nights, besides his mother taught him that a woman hates a man with bad manners.

"Well then, i am proud too have met your acquaintance Miss Morgenstern...Are you new here in town, or just passing the time by taking a nice walk and enjoying the fresh air tonight? I my self have just arrived in town, i'm originally from Sawneetown and Vandalia. I've been here in Chicago before, the Museums here are fantastic, and i recommend them for anyone passing through or those looking to extend their stay here."
JasonC
JasonC

Back to top Go down

Post  loki_098 Tue May 08, 2012 11:47 pm

When he touches her hand, it's as if he's touching a piece of ice, as if her skin was covered in frost. "I've been to Chicago before, but only for a few days at a time. I thought perhaps it would be worth my while to settle here for a time."
loki_098
loki_098

Back to top Go down

Post  JasonC Tue May 08, 2012 11:58 pm

Xhander notices her skin was ice cold, it did not frighten him or turn his stomach in disgust he just would think twice before attempting that again. Still she was a nice woman, and he enjoyed company and talking.

"Oh i understand that as well, i would travel here periodically for stories but i got tired of wandering from town too town chasing story after story. You know there does come a time in someone's life when they get tired of moving around, so i decided to take the proverbial bull by the horns and plant down some semblance of roots you know."
JasonC
JasonC

Back to top Go down

Post  loki_098 Wed May 09, 2012 12:00 am

She smiles, nodding. "Precisely so." She tilts her head, listening to an owl's hooting. "I'm rather glad there's a place like this in the city...I would have missed the trees otherwise."
loki_098
loki_098

Back to top Go down

Post  JasonC Wed May 09, 2012 12:12 am

Xhander listens as Lilith replies, he noticed that she tilted her head as if she heard something and when she spoke of the trees he smiled and replied.

"Oh i undertand that, this park has some great trees from Pink Dogwoods, a couple Douglas Fir trees and an Oak tree to your left with what sounds like a bird in it. I must say you are one truly intriguing person, aren't you worried about being out at night all alone? I have often wonder if a visually impaired persons other senses were truly hieghtened or if certain ones were more so than the other four...I would ask if you read the paper but i'd assume you do so with those printed in braile right? I know the last paper and magazine i wrote for...Uhmm...they made editions in that form of text for those that requested it. I hope my chioce of words weren't passe or taken rudely, i meant no offense by it."
JasonC
JasonC

Back to top Go down

Post  loki_098 Wed May 09, 2012 12:15 am

Laughing gently, she shakes her head. "Never fear...it would take more than polite inquiry to offend me, sir. No, if I elect to follow the news, I tend to use the radio. It reminds me, in a way, of my childhood."
loki_098
loki_098

Back to top Go down

Post  JasonC Wed May 09, 2012 1:42 am

As they walk Xhander smiles, relieved she didn't go on the offensive for his choice of words and looks around before replying.

"I myself enjoy listening to the radio, but i must admit that Limbaugh dude gets me riled and i swear sometimes the devil has a hold of him and his tongue...he makes me turn the blasted thing off...Though i do love the oldie station, takes me back too the days of taxi dancing and do-wop-a-bop-a-looing and how Howard Cosell spoke of sports."
JasonC
JasonC

Back to top Go down

Post  loki_098 Wed May 09, 2012 1:50 am

"How charming." She smiles, slipping an icy arm through his and tucking her cane under her free arm. "I will admit, I was delighted to find a few radio stations here which play nothing but jazz...when I was a little girl..." She smiles, almost to herself. "When I was very young, there was a great deal of it played in the house. Mother loved it."

((Relent to aura perception for manner of creature?))
loki_098
loki_098

Back to top Go down

Post  JasonC Wed May 09, 2012 2:29 am

((Relents - He's a Vampire))

As Lilith slides her arm through his, Xhander puts his brown derby-like hat on his head and smiles as she talks of Jazz music and some of her childhood. Xhander also is pleased his suit jacket is somewhat thick and prevents most of the coldness from touching his skin as his shirt is sorta thin, though he doesn't let on one bit as he responds.

"I myself enjoy Jazz...especially Louis Armstrong, Etta James, Cab Calloway and many more...My two favorite songs were, Billie Holiday's "These Foolish Things" and Pearl Bailey And Moms Mabley "Saturday Night Fish Fry"...I could listen to those old songs all day longs and actually smile without a care or worry...I often miss those times as i listen now to those songs, when i was younger my friends and i would dance all over the place."
JasonC
JasonC

Back to top Go down

Post  loki_098 Wed May 09, 2012 2:32 am

Lilith leans over and whispers conspiriatorially. "And when, pray tell, was this youth of yours? Mine was in the early years of the twentieth century."
loki_098
loki_098

Back to top Go down

Post  JasonC Wed May 09, 2012 3:24 am

Xhander leans in as she softly whispers, chuckling he responds with sounds of joyfullness in his voice but softly whispering so only she hears him.

"Now Miss Morgenstern, all of a sudden i feel like i'm an old man when you say such things...I'd like to think i am still young, and i was kind of when those songs were made but you do have me at a loss for words with that line of questioning."

Looking around the park as they walk, Xhander laughs and shakes his head before speaking in a normal fun tone.

"Beside ma'lady, i'd like to believe i am still a young strapping lad and if i do say so myself regardless of say age...Uhmm...I do not look a day older than 22, i pride myself on eating right, working out and tailoring myself to the finer things in life when it deals with looks and appearances. Mary Kay, Estée Lauder and Oil-of-O'Lay have nothing on my regimen when it comes too grooming beauty."

Xhander laughs loudly after realizing he actually said those things to her, chalking up his tendency too just blurting out things he takes it all in stride still chuckling as they walk.
JasonC
JasonC

Back to top Go down

Post  loki_098 Wed May 09, 2012 3:27 am

She laughs. "Mary Kay? Dear God, I hope you're joking."
loki_098
loki_098

Back to top Go down

Post  JasonC Wed May 09, 2012 3:32 am

Laughing, Xhander replies.

"Yes, i was joking and seeing if you caught on but Avon does sell some good mens products. Billy Dee Williams, you know, from the movie Lady Sings the Blues with Diana Ross, well he did make a line of mens products and cologne exclusively for Avon though."
JasonC
JasonC

Back to top Go down

Post  loki_098 Wed May 09, 2012 3:37 am

She smiles playfully. "Well, sir, you seem to have a rosy view of life...are there many here who share that outlook?"
loki_098
loki_098

Back to top Go down

Post  JasonC Wed May 09, 2012 3:44 am

Xhander smiled as she spoke, he caught on when she said 'rosy' and decided he'd give a simple yet meaningful reply.

"Well honestly Miss Morgenstern it's not so rosy as much as it has the tendency to lean that way...Though my life does have me wandering from town to town alot and old habits of being more refined and clean was a way my mother raised me, so i apologize if you thought something different and old habits i must say die hard ma'am."
JasonC
JasonC

Back to top Go down

Post  loki_098 Wed May 09, 2012 3:48 am

She nods, head tilted. "A shame...I believe, in a way, you'd have made a fine artist' had you settled in one place."
loki_098
loki_098

Back to top Go down

Post  JasonC Wed May 09, 2012 4:04 am

Xhander nods as she spoke, he remembered why his sire gave him the Kiss and introduced him to the Masquerade. Though he despised her for her reasons and how her undead life seemed too follow him and overshadow his. Xhander knew he had to make his own name more famous and his exploits these nights even more greater if he was ever going to do that, looking on he replied with a solem tone in his voice.

"True...But see i chase after stories, and everyone has a story too tel. I always moved around, whether for a magazine article or the Gazette's gossip column in the dailies and so i guess i was the butt of someones joke. I do not let that get me down though, i am truly a beast when it come to reporting a story, dishing juicy gossip for the paper or writting the horrors of things that make you go OOH or shriek in a magazine, so i guess the last laugh may be mine after all."
JasonC
JasonC

Back to top Go down

Post  loki_098 Wed May 09, 2012 4:12 am

"And do you find, o savage beast, that music soothes you?" She chuckles. "That's the life I've made for myself...music. No sight necessary, though sometimes vision is."
loki_098
loki_098

Back to top Go down

Post  JasonC Wed May 09, 2012 4:29 am

Xhander chuckles as Lilith speaks, and replies.

"I have found that music, just like poetry written in fine calligraphy on parchment paper with no fillers, does soothe ones soul...Just like having no sight, i feel everyone has a vision to see through in life ma'am and all it takes is a glimmer to see too completion."
JasonC
JasonC

Back to top Go down

Post  loki_098 Wed May 09, 2012 4:32 am

"A lovely sentiment...are you quite certain you're a newsman and not a poet?"
loki_098
loki_098

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum